The Equality Act 2010 makes it unlawful to discriminate against someone or treat them unfairly because of gender reassignment. This guidance contains advice for employers to ensure they comply with the law in this regard. As well as an overview of the specific meaning of this protected characteristic, the guidance suggests ways in which employers can support trans workers and advises on adaptations to assist those undergoing gender reassignment and ways of managing any time off work this requires.
Sign up to our newsletter
We want to be completely clear and open with you – so have set out below examples of the type of paperwork we use. These documents will help you understand your rights and how we will work on your behalf. These documents will be slightly amended in each case so that you have your own individualised “client care” documents.
About Damian McCarthy
I am a Senior Advocate (England and Wales) at Nationwide Employment Lawyers Ltd (www.natemplaw.co.uk) and not a barrister in independent practice. This means I can offer a superior level of service to clients. Nationwide Employment Lawyers Ltd is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For peace of mind you can find information about our authorisation by checking the Registration number 838365 on the Financial Services Register : register.fca.org.uk. Please note all telephone calls are recorded, as required by the regulator. Nationwide Employment Lawyers Ltd is not a firm of solicitors. Instead it offers an exceptional level of service using specialist employment law Solicitors, Barristers and a Senior Advocate. Please contact me using either the questionnaire, quick contact form above or on 020 8263 6080.
- Inflation isn’t caused by wage increases above inflation. It’s caused by greedy energy firms etc hiking energy pric… https://t.co/oAHqHMAOR6 03:50:55 PM August 04, 2022 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SaulStaniforth: [email protected] from @CWUnews explaining that his focus is on his members - thousands of whom are on strike today at BT &… 11:11:26 PM July 29, 2022 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ronanburtenshaw: Why are @CWUnews on strike today? Last year, BT made £1.3 billion profit, gave its CEO a 32% pay rise – and at the sa… 08:50:35 PM July 29, 2022 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UniteSharon: This win shows the new direction of @unitetheunion. We will defend our members pay and conditions, however long it takes.… 07:43:17 PM July 29, 2022 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PoliticoTeacher: Choose your fighter. https://t.co/z1Z9jK8E3X 03:04:26 PM July 28, 2022 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite